Civilmarraigeunionjingleheimersmidt
This is by far one of the funnier things I have seen on the 'net as of late.
Yes, I'm up before 8 a.m.......my brother-in-law started a new job yesterday and woke me up talking this a.m., so I got up and decided to be one with the morning.
Bleh.
Anyway, as I was saying--This is pretty cute. Anyone who knows me (wait, that wouldn't be any of you would it! lol) knows that I'm for "gay marriage" and I think this whole thing could be solved with a little wording change.
Ahem. Let me explain.
Marriage in itself is something that is primarily done in front of an audience of family, friends and the people your parents work with. It's normally done in a church, synagogue, ect,. But, as anyone who IS married knows, you didn't really get married at the church, synagogue, ect.,. You were "married" when you went to the court house and obtained your "marriage" certificate, big brother's way of saying it's a-ok.
Now--here is my plan. Change it to civil union. That is, everyone gets joined in a civil union when they go to the court house. If you want to be "married"--that is before your god, THEN you go to the church. I know, it's slightly retarded and would probably never really work to make either sides happy, but in my eyes, if you take the word marriage out of the equation and make it totally a legal thing as far as shared responsibilities and whatnot, then why should they object? I think it could work..or maybe I'm still asleep.....either way, it would be entertaining to watch.

<< Home